“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
Monday, September 11, 2006
Where were you?
Where were you five years ago today? How did you hear about what happened? I was in Jr. High, and I heard about it from one of my friends at school. I think it was Heather Casper. She told me that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. When she first told me, I didn't really think anything of it. I had never heard of the WTC and I didn't understand that it was a terrorist attack. I thought that she had just meant that it was an accident. When I got to my first period, my teacher had gotten a T.V. so that we could watch the live reports coming in. That is when it hit me. Eventually my principal came on the intercom and said that the school day needed to go back to normal, but any student that needed to call home or needed to leave could come down to the office. After school, me and my friend Wendy watched the news for the rest of the day. We couldn't believe what had happened. I still can't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had just dropped Geoff off at Oak Hills and I was listening to X96. The song ended and you could hear over the radio that the studio was pure choas. A different DJ than the normal 3 was on, and he told everyone that the buildings had collapsed...I had been obliyious to anything before that point. At first I thought they were joking. But I knew it was far too serious to joke about. I drove home and called mom, asking her what was going to happen, if we were going to go to war, and she said she didn't know. Then Jay came over and we stood, disbelieving, watching the TV that just kept showing the same images over and over, the news anchors had no composure, no one knew who had done this or why...
To help myself cope I made a LARGE scrapbook or magazine pictures and pictures I had taken myself. And in it I make Bush look like such a Saint. What a joke.
Post a Comment