Today we went and saw Kennedy at the airport. Kennedy had wanted us to come, but Amber didn't know for sure if she wanted to go, since seeing him would make her miss him that much more. I wrote him telling him that we might not come, but then I explained to Amber that he would be looking for us and probably feel bad if we didn't come. Amber, Billy, Ben, Molissa and I all went and he was really excited to see us. He had even been looking for us, like I knew he would be. We all had written him letters too to make sure that he had something to do on the plan ride. Although, unlike Will, he had said that he was going to call and then he never did. I am a little disappointed in that.
And speaking of disappointing Elders, Will didn't write me this week, when I know that he wrote at least three other people. People keep telling me that my letter probably got lost in the mail. I am a little jealous that he would write to them and not me, but more specifically I just want to know why he wouldn't want to write to me when he has been so good about it so far.
Mom and I now have travel reservations for going down to the Shakespearean Festival. I am really excited. It will also be really nice to get away from work for a weekend. I have been to the Shakespearean Festival before, but I have never seen one of the plays outside, so I am looking forward to that too.
1 comment:
Don't take it personally if Will doesn't write every week, Chelsee. There are probably a lot of people who want to hear from him, and if he's written you a few times already, he probably felt like he needed spend what little time he had that day writing to people who hadn't heard from him as much.
Really, you need to read "The Four Agreements" this summer. By assuming that he "wouldn't want to write" to you, you are creating a stress in your life that doesn't need to be there. Just think, "Man, Will must be REALLY busy if he didn't have time to write to me." That makes it about him, not about you, because it's not about you.
(You can say that last part in the "Steve's impression of Dr. Phil" voice, if you want).
I'm glad you and mom are coming to Shakespeare. You're gonna love it!
Post a Comment