I know, I know... your not supposed to cry over melted cake, but really, with how much time I spend doing these, if you don't cry looking at these pictures you have no soul.
It started out a normal Friday. I had a lot of orders and about 20 cakes to get into the case, but really, for a Friday that is normal. Anyways, I was working on doing my orders, so I didn't notice when the cake freezer stopped working.
I still feel like it is my fault though. I should have been paying more attention. I even noticed that one cake that someone pulled out was a little soft, but previously another lady had been lookijng through the cakes, and pulling some out, so I figured that she had just left it sitting out for too long. I should have known better and I should have at least checked to make sure that my freezer was still working.
See previous blog, "Why I Stay" to see how these cakes are supposed to look. Although, hopefully everyone knows this isn't how my cakes usually look.
When I finally did notice, the entire top layers of cakes looked like this. Most of these cakes can not be saved. Usually I would just scrape them and re-do them, but when all of the ice cream in them is on the bottom of the box, there isn't a lot I can do.
3 comments:
This makes me feel so sad, Chelsee. After all your hard work... I know you love these cakes almost as much as you would your children, because you put so much of yourself into them and take so much pride in them. Very sorry...
Because I didn't actually do the work looking at these pictures is (almost) comical. I don't know what I would have done standing in front of the freezer and seeing the lot of them in front of me. Surely, I would have had a breakdown.
I must point out, however, that this is proof that you're a bonafide superhero! You saved all but TWO of them? Clearly you are a master. Or rather, mistress. Yes, I like that. The Ice Cake Mistress. Or would that be the Cake mICEstress. Eww, no. I like Baketress, but you don't actual make the cakes. OH! The Caketress. The Ice Caketress. Or does that sound too much like ice cactus? That doesn't work, when's the last time you wanted your big celebration centered around a cactus? Not. Appetizing. I'm out of ideas. And maybe out of my mind as well. Sorry, you're alone on finding your superhero name, I'm just not on my game.
On a related aside, this has just reminded me. I found a rather amusing site called www.cakewrecks.com where they chronicle moments when bad cakes happen to good people. Make sure you visit after having a good cake day to reach maximum chuckle capacity. It's well worth one visit at least.
I think I will leave you with that. I hope it's enough.
;)
The cakes still look edible though... Just because they don't look good doesn't mean they won't taste good. Well, sorry I didn't know about this earlier, cause I totally would have eaten some. :)
Post a Comment