Sorry this took so long to post! I am having troubles with one of my memory cards and I wanted to post all of the pictures at the same time. Oh well. I will make a part 3 post if/when I get it up and working again. (Kjersti, the oreo one is on the defective card! I will try to save it!)This was the first time that I have worked with professional models and a real fashion photgrapher. It was so amazing! He had a on set hair dresser, fashion designer and make-up artist! They had all this fancy lighting too that I haven't seen before. It was really cool to take a day off work and just get to take pictures all day. This is closer to what I want to do for real later. It made me think that it might actually happen someday.

I have probably cried to all of you by now that they actually didn't really like any of the pictures that I did except for the first one. They said that the type of camera that I have probably couldn't handle this time of lighting very well so a lot of my images are flat. It made me really sad because I really wanted to impress them. I am doing better with it though. I'll take it with a grain of salt and work to get better. This is really advanced level. So I think it is a step better than where I was, even if it isn't at their level yet. I'll get there.

These models were seriously amazing. They are some of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. This model above, her name is Macy, she did a demo for us with Jake Garn and she is AMAZING! Top Model has nothing on her! She was so good! She could command a certain intensity and everything that he wanted her to do, she did the first time. She could do just tiny movements that he wanted her to do and she was just really sweet too. She told me that she has only been modeling since August!

This was my favorite model and I really wish that I could have been able to take better pictures of her. She was so beautiful. She was also really nice. I would be watching the photo shoots and she would look over and smile at me. It sounds dumb writing it out like this, but it meant a lot to me at the time. It was like the really popular kids at high school. They know they are the shit, and they can either blow you off, or be nice to you and she was actually nice! :) Her name is Ashlay. Like Ashley, but the end sounds like cafe.

I really had an amazing time and I think I might even try it again after I have finished this semester of school and know a little better about what I am doing.

I have more pictures up here than I actually have things to say. Have I mentioned that this workshop was a lot of fun and I really liked it?
There is also a really fun 3 minute video of our day posted here: http://jakegarn.com/photography-workshop/. Down at the bottom he is also posting pictures from people that took the workshop. I just sent him some of my stuff this morning, so I don't think it is up yet. You guys can see some of the work that the other awesome people took in this workshop with me though. I love the video! It is funny and I am in it a lot! I love that!

I have probably cried to all of you by now that they actually didn't really like any of the pictures that I did except for the first one. They said that the type of camera that I have probably couldn't handle this time of lighting very well so a lot of my images are flat. It made me really sad because I really wanted to impress them. I am doing better with it though. I'll take it with a grain of salt and work to get better. This is really advanced level. So I think it is a step better than where I was, even if it isn't at their level yet. I'll get there.

These models were seriously amazing. They are some of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. This model above, her name is Macy, she did a demo for us with Jake Garn and she is AMAZING! Top Model has nothing on her! She was so good! She could command a certain intensity and everything that he wanted her to do, she did the first time. She could do just tiny movements that he wanted her to do and she was just really sweet too. She told me that she has only been modeling since August!

This was my favorite model and I really wish that I could have been able to take better pictures of her. She was so beautiful. She was also really nice. I would be watching the photo shoots and she would look over and smile at me. It sounds dumb writing it out like this, but it meant a lot to me at the time. It was like the really popular kids at high school. They know they are the shit, and they can either blow you off, or be nice to you and she was actually nice! :) Her name is Ashlay. Like Ashley, but the end sounds like cafe.

I really had an amazing time and I think I might even try it again after I have finished this semester of school and know a little better about what I am doing.

I have more pictures up here than I actually have things to say. Have I mentioned that this workshop was a lot of fun and I really liked it?
There is also a really fun 3 minute video of our day posted here: http://jakegarn.com/photography-workshop/. Down at the bottom he is also posting pictures from people that took the workshop. I just sent him some of my stuff this morning, so I don't think it is up yet. You guys can see some of the work that the other awesome people took in this workshop with me though. I love the video! It is funny and I am in it a lot! I love that!

1 comment:
I am speechless, WOW, that is all there is to say......WOW!
Post a Comment