
This week for my Photographing People class, I had my friend Jenica come and model for me. I love how these pictures turned out!

We had a lot of fun playing around with a lot of different things. She was really excited to come in and help me after she saw the ones that I did of Haylie the week before.

I had a great time doing this because we were able to take some great pictures of her, not just the same ones that I did for Haylie. I think that sometimes people see a great picture and then want one of themselves the same way. I like it better if I can take them of that person, rather than have to get them to do the same thing as someone else. Does that make sense?

This is the one that I am going to be turning in for my class. I just thought it was interesting. We had to crop the face on three sides, so I was right in her face! I added the hands to make it more interesting and I thought it was cool that she had different colored nail polish on her hands... I repainted her nails in photoshop for the one I am turning in though.

This was my favorite part of the photo shoot. I hope that doesn't sound too weird. I have been practicing posing and getting people comfortable with me taking pictures of them. I was asking Jenica what her favorite this was about herself. She said that besides her eyes, she loves her tattoos, but they were in weird places. I asked her if she would be comfortable showing me and she let me! So, I just think that this picture and the top one are so cool because I had NO IDEA that she even had these tattoos before we started talking. So I like where this process took us and that I was able to capture something that she loved about herself.

No comments:
Post a Comment