I spent my Halloween getting ready for the Bachlorette Parry I was going to be throwing my friend Sarah from work. I planned to stay home, clean my apartment, make the desserts for my party, and give out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

It was a good thing that I invited people over to help keep me company since I ended up only getting one trick-or-treater! I had bought two boxes of regular sized candy bars, and only got one trick-or-treater!! It was nice to have Kjersti, Jay, Kameryn and Reagan over to see me. And Geoffrey helped me clean up since I bribed him with pizza and rootbeer.

After everyone else left, some of my friends came over later as I finished cleaning up and making desserts. My friends got to test out my cooking right out of the oven. :) I made chocolate chip cookies, brownies, muddy buddies, fudge and Amanda's chocolate powder sugar cookies that night and some chocolate covered strawberries the next day for the party. :)
This is the group that was invited to Sarah's Bachlorette Party. I actually threw her two, since we wanted to invite some people from work, but the pole dancing one was really expensive and Sarah didn't want to play some of the games that we did with the little 17-year olds that work with us. And, there was one girl that wanted to bring her baby pole dancing with us! Needless to say, she got B-Listed to the other cheap party. :)
Sarah is getting married on Nov. 20th. She was looking at ideas for Bachlorette Parties and founf this studio that taught pole dancing. She gave me the name and the website, and I made it happen.
I don't think I have ever been so sore in my life, but it was so much fun. Everyone I invited showed up and I think that everyone had a really fun time. None of us had ever done anything like this before, so even though we were all a little uncomfortable at first, we all learned together.
Even though Natalie and Sarah don't know each other very well, I invited Natalie anyways. I had wanted to throw Natalie a Bachlorette Party too, but one of her other friends did it instead. So, in my head, I kind of felt like this was for both of them.
This is Karly. She helped me get the deposit in for the pole dancing class, and actually split the cost with me so that we could afford to do it!
This is Amanda. She is the manager at Taylorsville, and also Jennifer's sister.
This is Jenny. She is the old manager of Sandy that stepped down and took over doing cakes at my store.
And this is Courtney. She is the one that just got married a little while ago. She is the other cake decorator at my store, and is Jenny's sister. Some people think they look like twins, but they are actually six years apart.
This is one of our two instructors. I thought that pole dancing was so beautiful. When I described it like that to Kjersti she was really suprised to hear me say that, but I really thought it was. It was elegant and graceful... and A LOT HARDER THAN IT LOOKS!
This was something that I couldn't do. I didn't have enough arm strength to hold myself on the pole like that. Go Natalie and a few of the other girls that could though!
I felt like I was in America's Next Top Model when they started teaching us how to walk across the room sexy.
And crawl across the room sexy. They also threw in a lesson on lap dances, but I didn't take any pictures of that...
This is the other instructor. She was amazing! Most of the time though, I just had to watch her because there was no way I could do that!!
I had a great time! I would recommend it to anyone that wanted to go. I am thinking about taking classes. It was a great work out and I just overall really enjoyed myself. After the pole dancing, we went back to my apartment and played some games and ate my desserts. We played I Never... and Dirty Minds (which is a game that gives you really bad clues but then is something not bad.) So, they would say something, like "I go limp when not in use" and the answer is a hose. Or, something like, "you can usually find me blowing someone in any hotel room" and the answer is a blow dryer. Sarah, Natalie and I were all on the same team so we totally killed everyone. Then I Never... is where you say something you have never done and try to make other people take a drink if they have. However, since we were acohol free, we played with M&M's. So, I can say, "I have never kissed a girl..." and other people in the room would have to eat an M&M. Good fun. :)

2 comments:
I love the pictures from the pole dancing class. You always know how to get a really good shot. You're such a good friend to go to so much trouble to throw Sarah an awesome shower!
I love those pictures too! I had so much fun! Too bad no one took an awesome picture of ME pole dancing!!
Post a Comment