Thursday, April 05, 2007

Personal Interest II / Documentary

There are three things left that I need to do for my photography class:

1- My Personal Interest II
2- Art Show Critic
3- Documentary Project

For my Personal Interest I, I took pictures of cakes that I decorate at work. That really is something I enjoy doing, and it needed to be something that I could show different layers and really get personal with. For my Personal Interest II assignment, I need to either go even more in depth with what I did before, or I need to do something new really well. I am stuck. I think that I pretty much covered cake decorating. I have until Tuesday to do this project, and I have to have 3-5 well done, mounted pictures to present to the class.

I have an Art Show that I know I can go to. David Levinthal is a famous photographer that lived through the Holocaust and photographed toys that helped represent that time of his life. My teacher showed us some of his work called Hitler Moves West. He has an art show in Park City right now. It's not the same one that my teacher showed us, but it's another one that he did based on toys of the West, such as cowboys and Indians. Kjersti and Jay said they wanted to come. If anyone else would like to come too, just let me know.

The documentary project is my final project. It either has to be something that I feel needs to be more celebrated, or something that I feel needs to be changed. I am stuck with this one too. Originally I thought of doing homeless people. I think that something needs to be done and said about that, but at the same time, I am SO scared of homeless people. The ones that I have come into contact with are CRAZY! And, he said that it needs to be something that we have regular access to, and I really don't know if I can do that. Also, someone else in my class had the same idea, so she is going to go and do homeless people. So, does anyone else have any ideas for me?

2 comments:

Little Momma said...

I have confidence that you will think of some great ideas for these projects just as you have for all the others. I know that you have been in panic mode for some of your assignments and have wondered if your teacher would think you did okay, but you have always come through on them. I have been very impressed with your work. I think you have found a strength in photography. I know you will do a great job.

Chelsee said...

Thanks mom. :)