Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Love is Blind

They say love is blind,
so I was content not to see.
I thought all these bumps and bruises were worth it
since you were right here with me.
I heard the whispers all around,
"Naive" they said, or "Just have faith".
I ignored all except the wanted sounds
And I followed you into the dark.
Ironically, you were the one that forced me to see.
So, forgive me if I cry, forgive me for being upset,
But I was so in love with you that it nearly killed me.

3 comments:

Danae said...

Chelsee, did you write this? Do we need to have a girl-talk?

Little Momma said...

I can relate. I should let you read a poem I wrote in high school entitled "Room With No Windows."

Kjersti said...

Um, you can't be talented at photography AND poetry. You have to let me have one or the other.

I'm sorry that you're sad, sweetheart, but anytime you want to come hang out with us and drown your troubles in chips and queso while watching Alias, feel free. And if you need Kameryn to kiss it better, she will.