Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ice Cream = Stupidity

I have decided that ice cream makes people dumb! Every morning, I go in about three hours before we open to do the paperwork, go to the bank, start cakes, etc... The last couple of days, I have noticed how many people try to come to the store before we open. With all the lights off, all the chairs up and the OPEN sign not on, people still try and come in. They get up to the door and are completely shocked that it won't open. Since we have two doors, they then proceed to check the other door to see if maybe that one is open. Never mind that there is a sign that has our hours on it on the first door, they walk passed all of the tables with the chairs still up to get to the other door to find it locked as well. At this point, most people get the idea that we are closed and get back into their cars. However, some people that still don't get the hint, bang on the door until I come and unlock it to talk to them. Then they ask me, "Hey, are you guys open?" If I have to unlock the door, does it look like I am open?

Then, throughout the day, I just get dumb customers. I had one lady come in and say, "I want a single in a cup." I said, "Okay, what kind of ice cream?" She then got irritated with me and said, "A SINGLE." Last time I checked, a single was a quantity not an ice cream, but I must be wrong. Or I get the occasional customer that is extrememly pissed off that I can't put a lid on their cone. I got a different customer today that asked if we had different kinds of ice cream. I had to keep from laughing. I wanted to say, "Nope. We just have 46 tubs of the same one." I also had a lady come in today wanting to taste the ice cream that had 31 flavors in it. She thought that we had found a way to combine them all into one! So, ice cream = stupidity. I just want to say, "Here's your sign."

3 comments:

gamefreak said...

I guess shakes don't count. I haven't eat any ice cream for a while. I'm sorry you see so many losers though. Cones are NOT supposed to have lids on them. You should put a lid on it just to humor him.

Little Momma said...

There's always one more imbecile than you have planned for. Just take a deep breath and assure yourself that survival of the fittest gets rid of people like this. Today they want a SINGLE, duh, tomorrow they are winning the Darwin award for killing themselves in the stupidest way ever.

Danae said...

LOL. Chelsee! You crack me up!! I was totally laughing, and I feel SO sorry for you. I don't know how you handle people... I think I personally would SUCK at Customer Service. I wonder if any of those people leave your store feeling like complete idiots. I am hoping the majority of them were just having a bad day, and aren't that stupid in day-to-day life.