Sunday, April 23, 2006

Silent Hill

I am ashamed of even admiting that I saw this movie, but I wanted to warn everyone else to NOT see it. I was hanging out with Natalie and Josh and Josh was dying to see this movie. He thought it looked so good and he spent half the night persuading Natalie and me to see it. I don't like horror movies, but I let him talk me in to this one because of the cast. (I love Sean Bean) But, I wasted not only my money, but two hours of my life as well. We almost walked out, but once I have seen most of a scary movie, I have to finish it in order to stop thinking about it. It wasn't just scary, it was also just disgustingly gory. I don't want to go too much into details but there was a lot of barbed-wire in it. During the climax of the movie a girl got up and left and actually threw up before she was able to get all of the way out of the theatre. Enough said?

2 comments:

Little Momma said...

Warning taken. The Deseret News movie critic gave Silent Hill one star. The first line of his review said, "The truly scary thing about Silent Hill is that it's 127 minutes long, which means it's about 30 minutes longer than most of the other awful films inspired by video games." So, he definitely agrees with you.

Danae said...

LOL. Thanks for the warning! I got chills just watching the previews on this one. Kjersti and I agreed that if it could pull off being really scary, it wasn't worth watching. We also agreed that if it was only kinda scary but mostly lame, it was still not worth seeing. Glad you found that out for all of us first.