Today was a busy day. I always had a line or as one person left, another one would come in. During all this, a lady called and ordered a cake and then called back a few minutes later telling me that she needed to change some things about the order. I was in the middle of ringing some people up and there was one lady waiting for a cake that she had already paid for, so I told the lady to hold on for a minute and finished helping the people in the store since they were there first. Two minutes later when I got back to the phone, the lady had hung up on me. She then called back and asked for my manager. When I told her the circumstances and that I was the only one in the store, she proceeded to yell at me for putting her on hold. Obviously, she was more important than the other people who were waiting...
I also had a man come in today who asked me to call him a cab. I said that I had no idea how to do that. The only cabs I have ever been in you just signalled for like in New York and there aren't any in Bountiful... But, when I told the man that I didn't know how to call him a cab he replied, "What? You have never used a phone before." I just looked at him to see if he was being serious. When I realized that he was I said, "I have used a phone before." He then asked me how many times I had used one. At this point I passed him on to my co-worker, because since I work in customer service, there is no polite way to say "Fuck you."
3 comments:
Next time someone asks you to call them a cab you should look straight at them without smiling and say
"Ok, you're a cab."
Sweet little Chelsee, assholes are the majority in this world and if you run into a nice person, you should just think what a treat it was. Otherwise, if you think the world is full of nice people and it is your bad luck to always run into the assholes, you will never be happy. This is like Jay complaining about having his space taken in Scrabble. Having your space taken in Scrabble is the "way it is." If you ever get to put your fantastic word in the space you planned, it is cause for major celebration.
LMAO! Chelsee, you crack me up. I have to admit that you were much more restrained than I would have been. I would have sworn at him and told him to go to hell. I learned that if you don't stand up for yourself, no one else will either.
Post a Comment