Friday, December 17, 2010

And the hits just keep coming...


Last night, after work, I went over to my friend Sarah's house to watch a movie. It finished probably around 1:30 am, so I started home. I got onto the on ramp at 400 s, heading north. I saw that a few cars were stopped, but I didn't see any police lights or reason for them to be pulled over, so I just kept going. One of the cars that had been stopped started driving again and cut me off. I slammed on my breaks and swerved to not hit the car. Instead of hitting the car, I hit ice on the shoulder of the road and started fish-tailing, and I ended up hitting the cement barrier on the right hand of the road. The white car that cut me off never even slowed down. Two other people stopped to make sure that I was okay. They let the police know that they had also seen the white car that had cut me off. I was writing my report and talking to the cop, and he told me that behind me had been another accident. Some guys had been drive racing, and most likely drunk. One of the cars had flipped over. The other car stopped, got the driver and took off again. The police believe this is the same car that cut me off and caused my accident. They left a passenger in the car that flipped over, so the police said that he might talk and turn in the other people involved, but he didn't think so. I'll let you know if anything comes from that.

In the mean time, I filed an insurance claim and have a rental car because Sassy is dead. She is totaled and in a car graveyard. I need to hear back from the insurance to hear what is going to happen next, but I will have to find a new car. It makes me sad that I killed Sassy. I have had her for over 8 years and she has been a good car. I am bruised up from my seat belt, but my airbags didn't deploy. the guy at the junkyard said he was surprised with that type of damage to my car that I wasn't hurt more and was able to walk away from the accident. Thank you, Sassy.





1 comment:

JOSHATALIE said...

Chelsee,
Wow the damage is bad. I am so sorry but glad you are alive and well. Let me know if I can help or do anything. PS I have your Christmas present!