Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wesley and Elisabeth


As previously stated, I have a lot of things I would like to catch up with, but since Wesley and Elisabeth's wedding is coming up soon, I thought it would be nice to catch up with some of their pictures first.


This summer when we went down to Cedar, I was so happy that Wesley and Elisabeth were able to be there at the same time. I really enjoyed being able to spend time with them and to get to know her. It was also so good for me to be able to see how happy she makes Wesley.




It was really fun to fill Elisabeth in on all our family jokes, such as Wesley's theft of Allie's bottles, and to in turn be able to tease Elisabeth about the hot tub story, in which she would always yell, "There is no story!" I think that Wesley and Elisabeth are great for each other. They have a lot of fun together.




The original plan for Cedar was that since Wesley and Elisabeth were going down before the rest of us, Wesley was going to propose either when they went horseback riding together, or while they were hiking in Bryce Canyon. However, when we got down there, Wesley hadn't done it yet. He said that even though they had a lot of fun doing those things, there had never been a time when they had really been alone for him to be able to do it. So, Allie and Wesley came up with the new plan. Since I am very camera happy, and had been planning on taking tons of picture of them together anyways, we came up with that while we were taking pictures of them, I should "pose" Wesley to be kneeling down in front of Elisabeth. Then he was really going to pull out the ring and propose.







I loved being a part of this. Since the wedding is up in Kodiak and I can't go, I wanted to share in something with you guys. I still expect to see pictures, etc... from the wedding, but I wanted you to know that it meant a lot to me to be included. I am so happy for both of you. I think you guys are awesome!











So, congratulations guys! I am so happy for you both. Welcome to the family Elisabeth. You fit right in and are a welcome addition.





6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Wow Chelsee! That was beautiful, thank you! Yeah, it was true about the "alone thing" while we were down in the canyon, but I think it worked out wonderfully just the same. I thought it was really special to have you, Alli, and Kay Loy there,...and to have it all captured with a camera! What more could a girl ask for? Speaking of pictures, you know that one with the branch crossing in front of me (one of my favorites), from which movie scene does it look like we are in??????

Danae said...

I am always jealous when you all go down to Cedar City. It looks like you had a really great time! If ONLY I liked Shakespeare! :)

Chelsee said...

I'm not really sure. I would say Lord of the Rings, because that is what it would remind me of, but what movie does it remind you of?

Elisabeth said...

With the lampost in the background it totally sets the scene for Narnia! I thought that was SO awesome because growing up the Cronicles of Narnia was my absolute favorite book series. Of course C.S. Lewis incorperated quite a bit of Biblical history into them, but because of the other mythological creatures and the presence of whitches written within the pages my sisters and I were practicaly forbidden to read them. But I was a rebel. I was so lucky to have Wes introduce to the Harry Potter series! Being over 18 ONLY allows me to openly show off those wonderful gifts from Wesley in my bedroom. :)

Little Momma said...

I loved these pictures of Wesley and Elisabeth. You are the master, Chelsee. And yes, it looks like we had a great time because we DID have a great time! Note: Peter Pan, I promise always to remember to spell your name with an "s" if you promise always to remember to spell mine with an "e" (as in Kae Loy).

Chelsee said...

You are right about the Narnia thing. I thought you meant more about the tree going across your face, so I over-looked the lamp post in the back.