Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I've been so patient!!

I have already talked to a lot of you about how my faith in the Academy Awards is diminishing after seeing some of the nominations this year. And, it was not redeemed after watching the actual thing. No Country for Old Men won Best Picture and I HATED that movie! I agree with mom that it was intense, but there wasn't anything redeeming about the movie that made you watch some very gruesome things, and with a lack of resolution to it, I have no idea what the point of the movie was at all! :( If anyone else has seen it and has an opinion, UI would love to hear it.

Sorry that I haven't been blogging lately. I have been pretty busy with school, work and watching Sonja's boys for a week. I also got sick for about a week. I was pretty miserable and barley able to talk, so most nights I just went home and either slept or watched SVU.

Shavonne has asked me to come down to Vegas and take some pictures of her and Don for their graduations, so in 12 days I will be heading down to Vegas! This trip is LONG overdue since I still have never seen Allie's apartment. Allie is also going to see if one of her other friends wants me to take some bridals of her while I am down there. They will be covering my gas, film and developing expenses as well, so that will be nice. And, I get to go see Allie! My friend Sarah from work is going to be driving down with me.

I also just sent a package to Will. He is coming home on March 21st. His flight is at 6:30 in the morning, and he doesn't get home until 9:30 at night and he is seven hours ahead of us. I wanted to make the trip as enjoyable as I could for him, so Kjersti helped me buy him two boxes of candy bars at Costco. I also sent him Harry Potter 7 since he hasn't been able to read it yet, along with a suddoku book, crossword puzzles and word searches. I also made him a couple of CD's with songs that have come out while he was gone that I thought he might like, a calling card so that he can call me on his layovers, and some cash so that he can buy the headphones to watch the movies on the flight. :) Mom said that I got her tendancy to overdue things, but I think that he will really like it. I am really excited for him to come home! (And for Allie's results on the 20th, and Kjersti's birthday on the 19th and Wesley's birthday on the 12th.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm finally blog worthy!

SSFB

glilyquist said...

Just remember that Will is still a missionary and TECHNICALLY shouldn't be reading Harry Potter or listening to music...but I might have done the same thing. I hope he's worth it.

Little Momma said...

This is the first I have heard of your trip to Henderson. Shavonne must think you are a pretty good photographer to ask you to come and take pictures (which you ARE!). Sounds like it will be a fun trip. As far as sending the "Care" package to Will, I say it is never to early to start corrupting missionaries! But yes, you did overdo it just a little. The Harry Potter book alone would have been enough. It is just another symptom of your generous heart. I love you.

Torrie said...

Sounds like you've got some fun weeks ahead!

P.S. Can't believe it's less than 3 weeks!

Danae said...

Wow, Chelsee. It flew by for me... how about you? ;)

That is a great compliment that Shavonne wants you to take their pictures! VERY COOL! I am glad you have someone to go with you since it is a long drive. I can't ever stay awake so ir you're anything like me...

I think Will will like his package. Missionaries LOVE getting packages and they love it even more when they are packages that ROCK! ha ha. I wish you luck with Will once he's home!