Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I heard someone crying... maybe it was me.

I was invited to go to the play the Secret Garden tonight. It was fantastic! I loved the movie, I loved the ballot, and this is the first time that I have seen the play. I really, really enjoyed it. The singing was amazing, and I loved how they added in the people in the frames. There weren't any dancing doors and no one played the sparrow like in the ballot, but it was very well done. They had a revolving/elevating floor and the theater looked like an amphitheater. Anyways, it was cool, and I would recommend it to anyone that would want to go see it! The little girl actress that played Mary was amazing too. I think that my next step should be to read the Secret Garden book. Then I will know what the real version is since all the others are variations of the same story. Oh, and the title of my blog is my favorite song from the play... in case you guys didn't recognize it.

4 comments:

Little Momma said...

The Secret Garden was one of my favorite books when I was young. As always, it is better than the movie or even the ballet, though the ballet was freakin' awesome. I have never seen the play, but I generally like plays. It would be something fun to do sometime. How long is it in town?

Chelsee said...

I am not sure. I will have to look into that and let you know. :)

Allie said...

I read the book when I was in about 4th grade, and I really loved it.
I have the soundtrack to the musical if you want a copy. I can't get it to you until I get home from Kodiak, but let me know if you want it.

Chelsee said...

Sure!