Tuesday, January 23, 2007

And the Nominees Are...

BEST PICTURE
Babel
The Departed
Letters From Iwo Jima
Little Miss Sunshine
The Queen

BEST DIRECTOR
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
Babel

Martin Scorsese
The Departed

Clint Eastwood
Letters From Iwo Jima

Stephen Frears
The Queen

Paul Greengrass
United 93

BEST ACTOR
Leonardo DiCaprio
Blood Diamond

Ryan Gosling
Half Nelson

Peter O'Toole
Venus

Will Smith
The Pursuit of Happyness

Forest Whitaker
The Last King of Scotland

BEST ACTRESS
Penelope Cruz
Volver

Judi Dench
Notes on a Scandal

Helen Mirren
The Queen

Meryl Streep
The Devil Wears Prada

Kate Winslet
Little Children

BEST SUPPORTING
ACTOR
Alan Arkin
Little Miss Sunshine

Jackie Earle Haley
Little Children

Djimon Hounsou
Blood Diamond

Eddie Murphy
Dreamgirls

Mark Wahlberg
The Departed

MOVIES
ART DIRECTION
Dreamgirls
The Good Shepherd
Pan’s Labyrinth
Pirates of the Caribbean:
Dead Man’s Chest
The Prestige

CINEMATOGRAPHY
The Black Dahlia
Children of Men
The Illusionist
Pan’s Labyrinth
The Prestige

COSTUME DESIGN
Curse of the Golden Flower
The Devil Wears Prada
Dreamgirls
Marie Antoinette
The Queen

DOCUMENTARY
FEATURE
Deliver Us from Evil
An Inconvenient Truth
Iraq in Fragments
Jesus Camp
My Country, My Country

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
The Blood of Yingzhou District
Recycled Life
Rehearsing a Dream
Two Hands

FILM EDITING
Babel
Blood Diamond
Children of Men
The Departed
United 93

MAKEUP
Apocalypto
Click
Pan’s Labyrinth

VISUAL EFFECTS
Pirates of the Caribbean:
Dead Man’s Chest
Poseidon
Superman Returns

ORIGINAL SCORE
Babel
Gustavo Santaolalla
The Good German
Thomas Newman
Notes on a Scandal
Philip Glass
Pan’s Labyrinth
Javier Navarrete
The Queen
Alexandre Desplat

ORIGINAL SONG
“I Need to Wake Up” (An
Incovenient Truth)
Music and Lyric by Melissa
Etheridge

“Listen” (Dreamgirls)
Music by Henry Krieger and
Scott Cutler
Lyric by Anne Preven

“Love You I Do” (Dreamgirls)
Music by Henry Krieger
Lyric by Siedah Garrett

“Our Town” (Cars)
Music and Lyric by Randy
Newman

“Patience” (Dreamgirls)
Music by Henry Krieger
Lyric by Willie Reale

ANIMATED SHORT
The Danish Poet
Lifted
The Little Matchgirl
Maestro
No Time for Nuts

LIVE-ACTION SHORT
Binta and the Great Idea
Éramos Pocos
Helmer & Son
The Saviour
West Bank Story

SOUND EDITING
Apocalypto
Blood Diamond
Flags of Our Fathers
Letters From Iwo Jima
Pirates of the Caribbean:
Dead Man’s Chest

SOUND MIXING
Apocalypto
Blood Diamond
Dreamgirls
Flags of Our Fathers
Pirates of the Caribbean:
Dead Man’s Chest

BEST SUPPORTING
ACTRESS
Adriana Barraza
Babel

Cate Blanchett
Notes on a Scandal

Abigail Breslin
Little Miss Sunshine

Jennifer Hudson
Dreamgirls

Rinko Kikuchi
Babel

ORIGINAL SCREEPLAY
Babel
Guillermo Arriaga

Letters from Iwo Jima
Iris Yamashita and Paul Haggis

Little Miss Sunshine
Michael Arndt

Pan’s Labyrinth
Guillermo del Toro

The Queen
Peter Morgan

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Borat: Cultural Learnings of
America for Make Benefit
Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
Screenplay by Sacha Baron
Cohen & Anthony Hines & Peter
Baynham & Dan Mazer
Story by Sacha Baron Cohen &
Peter Baynham & Anthony Hines
& Todd Phillips

Children of Men
Screenplay by Alfonso Cuarón &
Timothy J. Sexton and David
Arata and Mark Fergus & Hawk
Ostby

The Departed
Screenplay by William Monahan
Little Children
Screenplay by Todd Field & Tom
Perrotta

Notes on a Scandal
Screenplay by Patrick Marber

ANIMATED FEATURE
FILM
Cars
Happy Feet
Monster House

FOREIGN LANGUAGE
FILM
After The Wedding (Denmark)
Days of Glory (Algeria)
The Lives of Others (Germany)
Pan's Labyrinth (Mexico)
Water (Canada)

6 comments:

Danae said...

Chelsee, your dedication is astounding...

Allie said...

I'm suddenly very painfully aware of how I am so not keeping up with pop culture--I don't think I've seen any of the best picture, best actress, or best actor nominated films. In fact, out of all of these movies, I've probably seen 3.

Chelsee said...

I am not impressed with the nominations at all this year. I think that there were much better films that were over looked. However, I haven't seen them all yet, so I might reconsider. Right now though, I am not happy.

-Wes- said...

I'm right there with Allison. I've only seen three of these movies. I certainly can't judge the merit of one movie against another because they are each nominated in different categories.

Flags of our Fathers
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
An Inconvenient Truth

Allie said...

Well, I didn't actually count before, but it looks like I'd seen 4 of the movies (not 3 as I'd originally posted:)
Pirates of the Caribbean: 2
The Prestige
Superman Returns
Flags of our Fathers

And I just saw the 5th this weekend:
Click

I haven't watched it yet, but I did buy:
An Inconvenient Truth

Chelsee said...

I wanted to see that one, so tell me if it is any good. So far this year I have seen:

The Departed
Little Miss Sunshine
Blood Diamond
The Devil Wears Prada
Dreamgirls
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
The Prestige
Children of Men
The Illusionist
Marie Antoinette
Click
Poseidon
Superman Returns
Cars
Happy Feet